Newbie Install Question

	Sorry if this has been asked before.  I found this problem from someone
installing on Redhat 8 in the archive but the thread never resolved it.  I'm
attempting to install on Suse 7.3.  I tried garnome-0.21.2.  The make-install
on the meta/desktop seemed to have stalled displaying the 'Building font
cache ....' line.  Attempting to install 0.21.1, not surprisingly, did the
same.  Examining ps shows that 'fc-list' has been executing for over an hour.
 The one email in the archive suggested an infinite loop problem.
	Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.
jcp