Re: Xfree 4.3 = no need for Xft, Xft1, Xrender, and fontconfig packages

--- Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> wrote:

I'm still working mainly on the "GARNOME killer". :-)

> - Jeff

DUDE I can't wait to see what's in store!

For those of you that are running Xfree86 4.3 and didn't follow what I was
talking about:
- Strip out the Xft, Xft1, fontconfig, and Xrender packages from ../misc
- grep your garnome tree to  check for any LIB_DEPS from the packages you
removed
- locate fontconfig.pc and xft.pc on your system and add the path to it in
gar.conf.mk under PKG_CONFIG_PATH ( I had to add /usr/lib/pkgconfig on my
slackware system).
- when pango builds, double check that after configure runs it outputs that its
building with "Freetype, Xft, X" and you should be all set.

Ryan Quarry

P.S. If you dont know what the hell your doing, maybe consider ignoring this
E-mail :-)