Re: mozilla 1.3, galeon 1.3.3

I compiled mozilla 1.3 doing the following:

I downloaded the src from ftp.mozilla.org and put the file in my
GARCHIVEDIR.

cd garnome-0.21.2/misc/mozilla
make clean

vi Makefile  (change the GARVERSION to 1.3, and the DISTFILES to
tar.bz2)

make makesum
make install (this will fail)
cd work
rmdir mozilla
ln -s main.d/mozilla

cd ..
make install

wait patiently, but the AA fonts are worth it.

A little crude perhaps, but effective.  I'm sure the failed initial make
install can be solved doing something in the Makefile but I don't know
what.

The only thing that doesn't work is printing (no printer found) which is
weird because my base installed mozilla-1.3 prints.

Rodd

--
Lest we forget...

"They disembarked in 45,
 And no one spoke and no one smiled,
 There were too many spaces in the line.
 And Gathered at the cenotaph,
 All agreed with hand on heart,
 To sheath the sacrificial knives.

"But now...
 She stands upon Southampton Dock
 With her handkerchief, and her summer frock
 That clings to her wet body in the rain.
 In quiet desperation
 Knuckles white upon the slippery reins,
 She bravely waves the boys goodbye again"

			-- Southampton Dock, by Pink Floyd