Re: compile question

On Wednesday, Mar 5, 2003, at 12:30 US/Pacific, Joel Brooks wrote:

I'm just using garnome for the first time (0.21.2), and I've run into a
problem with the gnome-applets. it looks like "make install" is barfing
on libgdbm.la - which for me is installed at /usr/lib/libgdbm.la.  for
some reason, the garnome install is trying to find it at
/usr/local/lib/libgdbm.la, and /usr/local doesn't even exist on my
system... I edited gar.conf.mk to include /usr/lib and /usr in the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable, but still no joy.  How can I correct this?

Try symlinks?

r.