Re: rpm2cpio again . . . ximian artwork

<quote who="Rodd Clarkson">

> On Mon, 2003-07-14 at 22:38, Matt Blaha wrote:
> > Hmm, from the ximian artwork directory you did "chmod a+x
> > files/rpm2cpio"? cpio work in the redhat package for you?
> I used the black arts. ;-]
>
> Initially I just chmod 755 rpm2cpio but this didn't work.
>
> What I finally did was download the src.rpm file, then:
>
> rpm2cpio <file>.src.rpm > ximian-artwork-0.2.26.cpio
> cpio o -i ximian-artwork-0.2.26.tar.gz < ximian-artwork-0.2.26.cpio

> I'm sure jdub can think of something a little neater ;-]

Well, there's a problem with the rpm2cpio perl script under RH8 and 9, and I
don't have a machine available to make it work properly, nor have I bothered
getting together a method of using the system rpm2cpio if it's available.

So, that's a good opportunity for someone to build a clever fix. ;)

     "World domination is a community responsibility." - Michael Hall,
                                LinuxPlanet