question about startup

Hi,
i have generated the garnome package. Now i want to start the result. But how.
The Readme says something about debian and xnest (without rendering support).
I want the rendering support and have a Red Hat 7.3 system running KDE. I
don't know something about x-startup. Can anyone help me. Where i have to
make the changes?
I would like to get 2 things running.
1. I use a existing user as 'test' person. If the system is not working then
it should bee easy to back configured.
2. I separate user which wnat to test the new environment.

Thanks a lot,
Roman Jordan