Solution for fc-list locking up during build

For anyone having trouble with their build when its building the font cache, I think I may have a solution that doesn't involve patching anything. In your source directory, edit misc/freetype/Makefile. Change the freetype version from 2.1.3 to 2.1.4rc1. When it downloads this new file, it will barf because the checksums don't match. Go back into this directory and run 'md5sum freetype-2.1.4rc1.tar.bz2 >> checksums'. Then run 'make install' from where you left off. This fixed the problem for me. It took about 5 seconds to build the font cache, where it got stuck in an infinite loop before. My build hasn't finished quite yet, but it got farther than it did before.

--
Andrew Gaffney