Re: Garnome and Solaris 2.6 - X problems

Congrats -- you've gotten a lot farther a lot faster than I did. Now I'm wishing I'd taken better notes on the stuff I had to tweak.

Unfortunately, I never even attempted gstreamer. Sounds like you've gone past the point where I'll have any ideas.

Sunil wrote:

The culprit was found to be the sendmsg/recvmsg
interface in gnome-pty-helper.c. So now,
gnome-terminal comes up well and good, and works like
linux! I can't believe that I am feeling happy in
porting it to another Unix! shame is either on me or
2.6...:)

Now, next block is gstreamer asking for MAP_ANONYMOUS
in mmap call. Its not available on solaris 2.6. Any
ideas here?