Re: Solaris Package Addon

begin  Cory C. Omand  quotation:
> Attached is an addon makefile for creating Solaris packages from
> meta targets or individual packages.  It does not yet do 100% of
> what I would like it to do, but it's a start.  Eventually, I would
> like to be able to execute a 'make pkgbuild' in a meta target
> directory, and have each dependency built and packaged individually.
> At the moment, I am having problems with the 'deep-%' rule for
> targets with no dependencies (they cause a make error 2), so the
> only functional target in the package is 'pkgmk', which can be
> executed after doing a meta-make to package up everything in
> $(DESTDIR)$(prefix).

	Oooh! I like this.  We tend to do a lot more "foo =
$(yoink_$(someothervar))" type stuff, and tend to avoid the ifeq
constructs.  This may make a good foundation for other packaging
systems, such as dpkg.

	If you find an answer for the deep-% rule, I'm open to
whatever.  I've been meaning to fix up deep-% and garchive for a while
now.

--
Support your droogs!

end