Re: Installing gnome 2 from local bz2 files

Hi,

>> It seems that it works but I have problem because I installed it under
>the
>> Marco user and not under the root, so I'm arrived to a point in which
>> can't continue.
>
>Why is this a problem? It should 100% work no matter which user you build
>it
>as. Indeed, I've said many times NOT to build it as root.

maybe it depends on the fact that I tried to install gnome in mode that
I explained, so under my user I haven't permission on such directory.
So, however, when I first downloaded the garnome-0.13.1 (my first experience
with garnome) I type make install and it downloaded the files for install
a sanity version on gnome (I think version 2.0.2); now it works but because
I am not experienced I installed it under root, adn when I lauch gdm and
try to access gnome 2 with Marco, the system return me to gdm screen. What
I can add to do gnome 2 work also under other users? And I can resue the
files that I have downloaded with new garnome versions?
Thanks,

Marco