Re: redhat 7.3 and garnome

A better way to make the changes permanent would be to put
'</path/to/gnome2>/lib' into /etc/ld.so.conf. Make sure to run ldconfig after
that so the OS is aware of the change (or indeed reboot :)).

Put '</path/to/gnome2>/bin' in your path (export PATH=...), which will be in
/etc/profile. Also put 'export GDK_USE_XFT=1' at the bottom of that file.

If there's an 'exec' in your ~/.xinitrc, change it to read 'exec gnome-session'.
Either re-log in or 'source /etc/profile', then start X.

Or something.

Vichaya Sidhipong had the audacity to claim:

--

.