Re: gdm question

<quote who="Jason Trickett">

> Thanks for answering! I looked in /etc/init.d/ and there was not a file
> named gdm to edit on my system (mandrake 8.1).

Okay, as a warning, Mandrake does some really odd stuff with its X and *DM
startup scripts...

> Anyhoo, in /etc/X11/prefdm i noticed some code that looks like this:

> if [ -f /etc/sysconfig/desktop ]; then

> Could I edit 'preferred-gdm' to 'preferred=/home/jason/garnome/gdm' ?

No, it sounds like you want to edit environment variables set in
/etc/sysconfig/desktop. Or, you could just change /etc/inittab, but I'd
recommend attempting to do it 'The Mandrake Way' to begin with.

   "I believe in true love. But I am easily satisfied." - Miguel de Icaza