Re: a suggestion

On Tue, 2002-10-29 at 16:48, Jason A. Pfeil wrote:
> Drooling...and when would that next release be?  ;-)
>
> --Jason
>
> On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Jeff Waugh wrote:

Considering how fast they've been known to come out, probably quite
fast, however if you'd like to do it yourself, I had almost no problems,
and if you have garnome 0.18.x up and running, you should already have
all the pre-reqs for both.

Grab mozilla here:
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/packages/infosystems/WWW/clients/mozilla/releases/mozilla1.2b/src/

You'll have to apply a patch found in the galeon source, this is the
tricky part.
 The file "mozilla_12b_patch" is in the galeon directory when you untar
it, cp it into your mozilla source and run:

patch -p0 <mozilla_12b_patch

Should go off like a charm.

I did configure like this, change your prefix appropriately:

 ./configure --prefix=/opt/garnome-18 --enable-default-toolkit=gtk2 --disable-debug --enable-xft --enable-crypto

Then it was just make, make install like normal.

For galeon, grab it from the usual galeon.sourceforge.net.

configure will be something like:

./configure --with-mozilla-snapshot=trunk --disable-werror
--prefix=/opt/garnome-18

then make, make install :)

Not so hard, If you're drooling as much as I have been, go for it, I
look forward to building subsequences "the garnome way" though :).

Hope I don't get chastized for being off topic. . .

--Matt