Re: No more problem with 0.18.0

On Tue, 2002-10-08 at 18:35, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Steve Smith">
>
> > > I'm attempting to make testing reasonable for people who don't run the
> > > very latest XFree86.
> >
> > On that note, I've managed to get fontconfig/Xft/Xrender to install into
> > the garnome tree under Xfree86 4.1.  It all builds OK, but on running it
> > fails rather unceremoniously.  .xsession-errors shows pango is retrieving
> > a null fontset, but fontconfig doesn't have any error output.
>
> Can you run fc-list (make sure your LD_LIBRARY_PATH and stuff are set), and
> check ~/.font.cache-1? If it's big, with lots of fonts listed, you're set to
> go. If it's not... Edit the fontconfig garball's Makefile and comment out
> the PATCHFILES line. make clean and make install again.

Cool, that worked.  It even picked up some wacky demo fonts I never got
to work before.  Oddly ~/.font.cache-1 was there already and was pretty
sparse.  fc-list didn't do anything at first but when I deleted the
cache and reran it it filled up fine.  <shrug>

I started putting together a configure script for the Xrender install
but it's not that far along.  Was anybody working on this or should I
keep at it?

Cheers,
Steve