Re: Upcoming GARNOME Changes / Anyone use KDE? / Need a Co-conspirator!

On Thu, 2002-10-03 at 01:26, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> 2) Anyone use KDE?
> ------------------
>
> Does anyone actually use KDE in GARNOME? I'm tempted to move it out due to a
> lot of bad voodoo caused by the changes described in point 1. If each
> version were maintained on a separate branch, where would KDE live? Would we
> have to update it in each branch all the time? How much would that suck
> (hint: a lot).
>
> We could always create a new KDE release alongside the 1.4/2.0/2.1 releases,
> but probably better to maintain it in a separate directory in CVS. Not sure.
>
> Thoughts on this?

I don't get why the release manager for Gnome would/should distribute
KDE? For comparisons? If it in any bad way affects the Gnome stuff, then
please ditch KDE. If it doesn't, by all means keep it if you have the
time.

Cheers
Jens Bech Madsen, Happy Garnome User