Re: Nautilus and Panel Crashes

Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> writes:

> > Before i go looking in bugzilla i want to find out if other people have
> > been experiencing these problems:
>
> Why would you not look in bugzilla first?

Bugzilla is good at keeping track of bugs, tracking comments attachments
etc. It's not very good for end-users looking to see if other users
"Have the same problem as me". That's not a problem with bugzilla per
se, it equally well applies to other bug-tracking systems I've used when
they have such a volume of bugs in them. More importantly, even if you
find the bug you may not necessarily find the patch to fix it ..

> > 1. The Panel crashes a lot - and seems to crash a lot of the time just
> > after another application has crashed(eg. nautilus).
>
> Very well known.

But the fix evidently isn't - maybe cc'ing garnome-list on bugzilla
emails will help that going forward - in the meantime can you point us
in the right direction since neither google, lxr or bugzilla have
yielded fruit so far ;)

Lee
--
+------------ My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet --------------