Re: Testing and Bugzilla: Kicking Arse with GARNOME

> I was just thinking, the fact that garnome/gnome2 builds against dev
> libraries that are possibly different may cause problems with bugs not
> being reproducible?

All of the developer platform libraries that we *really* care about are
built with GARNOME. There may be differences in things like libpng, libc,
etc., but those are *fairly* static, and problems with them should be fairly
easy to identify.

Given that GARNOME builds GNOME from the bottom up (as does jhbuild, if
you're testing from CVS), it's a great testing environment.

>> Hopefully, this will help turn garnome-list into a mini GNOME testing
>> powerhouse! ROCK!
>
> Oh oh, I think all this success is going to his head ;-)

Heh. Well, I consider GNOME 2.x to be a massive success, and we're only
getting better. Helping new contributors or even actively interested users
get involved with testing, reporting, bug-hunting, etc., is only going to
lead to a better desktop for everyone.

... and I think GARNOME provides a pretty unique base for that.

  So, "Jeffrey" seems to mean "the ineffectual, victimised guy in
  American movies" in four different languages.