Re: meta/gnome-desktop/download/ is empty?

<quote who="Ron Smits"/>

> My subject says it all. the download directory is empty. I wanted to use
> make download to get all the tarballs on my system before building it, But
> the directory is empty and the Makefile wants to link all there is in that
> directory:
>
> So now I am downloading while running the make install. What should be
> there and why is it not?

The meta/gnome-desktop garball is a 'meta' garball -> it isn't associated
with any particular code, it just depends on other garballs. The best way of
downloading everything first is to type 'make paranoid-makesum' in the root
GARNOME directory, making sure that GARCHIVEDIR is set in gar.conf.mk, and
then typing 'make garchive'.

This will download every tarball for every garball in GARNOME (including
KDE, you might want to rm -rf kde first, it's a big download), and then copy
it to a cache or archive directory for safe keeping (so that 'make clean'
won't kill them all off later).

              What do you give a bird when it has a headache?
                               Parakeetamol.