Re: gnome-terminal && Xft

<quote who="Peter Blokland"/>

> first of all a big 'thank you' to jeff for 0.18.3. everything compiled out-
> of-the-garball, and fonts now actually look gorgeous (and i'm really looking
> forward to galeon2 in garnome).

Rock, nice to hear reports of "everything working" now and then. ;-)

> one question about the font-support though : can i get gnome-terminal to
> do the same thing as 'xterm -fa andale -fs 10' (that is : a terminal with
> anti-aliased 'andale' at size 10), and if so : how :-)

You need to use the vte widget instead of zvt. I've put a Makefile.vte in
the gnome-terminal directory. Just move that to Makefile, then clean and
install. It will build vte and gnome-terminal against it.

I give you about half an hour to realise that anti-aliased terminal fonts
suck of the arse. ;-)

   "Be shunned, be hated, be ridiculed, be scared, be in doubt, but don't
         be gagged. The time of trial is always." - John J. Chapman