Re: Python 2 and its XML modules

<quote who="Mark Humphreys">

> The release notes say "You really do need Python 2 and its XML modules
> to build libglade! It only offers a warning at the moment, but without
> these installed, it will not build the libglade-convert script."
>
> What does this mean?

It means you need the python expat xml modules. Run python, and type 'import
expat'. If it barfs, you do not have it. If it returns to the next prompt,
you do.

So, given that you've installed those correctly between attempts, you need
to:

  cd gnome/libglade
  make clean
  cd ../../meta/gnome-desktop
  make install

This will rebuild libglade correctly, and then the following modules will
build correctly too.

Hooray. :-)

   I used the word 'infrastructure' when describing her cooking style...
                   and she didn't speak to me for a week.