Re: Re: bind_textdomain_codeset error while building gnomevfs

Sorry but my bug report wasn't exactly right.

At the moment I'm building 0.10 on my debian potato and it seems like the settings in gar.conf.mk don't make a single package build (only from those which would otherwise spit an undefined reference to bind_textdomain_codeset of course).

--with-gnu-ld doesn't seem to be required (for "problem garballs"?)
adding -L/opt/gnome2/lib/libgettextlib.so or /opt/gnome2/lib/libgettextlib.so to the LDFLAGS in gar.conf.mk doesn't do the job.

What works for me is the painful way
when the build stops:
- open terminal 2
- make sure $(prefix)/bin is in the PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH contains $(prefix)/lib and LDFLAGS=/opt/gnome2/lib/libgettextlib.so is set
- get ./configure arguments from config.log
- make clean, reconfigure, make, make install
- continue make install in terminal 1

What I don't understand is why the settings from gar.conf.mk don't seem to effect the build (esp. LDFLAGS).

Hope that wasn't too confused.
Any suggestions how to ease the process are welcome.

Robert