Re: scroll-keeper seg fault on 0.10.0

<quote who="Simon Wong">

> I've done several successful garnome builds but am now having a problem.
>
> I'm trying to setup a separate user to test G2 so it stops messing with my
> G1 sawfish settings and for "safety".
>
> I removed the garnome directory from my normal user directory and tried
> copying it to the new gtester user along with my .xsession file and it
> won't start up.

Ah, don't do that, it's like moving a binary out of /usr/bin. You can just
use the original build, as long as it's world readable. My normal user is
jdub, and I build garnome to /home/jdub/garnome. My testing user is pants,
and it sets its path to /home/jdub/garnome/bin, etc. Works fine.

> So I thought I'd do a "make install" as the new user but am now getting
> a seg fault when scroll-keeper tries to run:

Not sure why this would happen, but you could go back to your original setup
without any hassle.

  "Anyway - I need something more James Bond than Banana Man, if you know
                       what I mean..." - Tom Gilbert