Re: root compilation

<quote who="the jackol">

> My .gnome-errors file shows:
>
> aborting...
> /root/garnome/bin/gnome_segv: error while loading shared libraries: libgnomecanvas-2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: Error 23

Do you have permission to open the file? Are you sure LD_LIBRARY_PATH is
pointing to it? Is the file there?

> aborting...
> ** ERROR **: Failed to match any font. This could be due to a broken Xft
> configuration, or if you run XFree 4.1.0 due to a bug in libXrender.

Pretty straightfoward - is your Xft setup screwed? See /etc/X11/XftConfig.

      "Then it hit me: What I really want is for all edit panes in all
    applications to be gnuclient processes hooked to a centralized emacs
                     gnuserver process!" - Gary Murphy