Re: How to setup Grub with garnome

Grub and GDM have nothing in common.

Grub is equivalent to LILO, and runs before the linux kernel even starts.

GDM starts at the end of the boot process once X has started. The GDM tip from the site should work just fine.

--Pat

webman mindspring com wrote:
Hi, I just finished getting garnome setup and I was wondering how to get my
installation to use gnome2.0. I am running RedHat 7.3 with Grub as my
bootloader and so the Debian gdm version off the HowTo webpage wouldn't work
for me (i think). The other method described is using the Xnest within an
existing session, but I am not familiar with doing this. This is my first time
having linux on a home computer, i use very low permission'ed ones at school,
so I am new to this wealth of configurations. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks alot!

John Nickerson
webman mindspring com