Re: Mozilla 1.2.1 for normal users

>hi!
>i've had the same problem. in my case it was even worse. i did run
>mozilla fine for the first time. i started it as normal user. as i
>wanted to install the enigmail plugin i had to start mozilla as root.
>after i tried starting mozilla as root, nothing happened, no error
>message, no window that openened. from this time on mozilla did not work
>at all, i didn't start when i was logged in as root, neighter did it
>when i tried it as another user.
>after playing around for a while i figured something out. i went into
>the /misc/mozilla/work/mozilla/dist directory and tried to start
>bin/mozilla. starting mozilla from there worked! so i did the following:
>i packaged the whole directory in one .tar.gz, dereferencing all
>symlinks (--dereference) then i unpacked it to /opt/mozilla/. starting
>from there works without problems. i never found out what went wrong.
>
>greetings
>michael

Hi.

I've tested this method - no change :-(
Maybe the major difference is, that I was compiling as root not a normal
user and only user, that had compiled mozilla has ability to run it (silly?
Looks like that...)?
Had anyone compiled mozilla 1.2.1 (I've been testing 1.3a - same thing) for
more than one user?

Greetings - Tomek.

WIADOMOSCI minuta po minucie... >>> http://link.interia.pl/f16a8