Re: X dies on startup after installing garnome 0.19.3

<quote who="Timothy A. DeWees">

> Thanks for your quick reply!  I get this output when I run fc-cache:
> fc-cache: relocation error: /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1: undefined symbol:
> FT_Get_Next_Char
>
> I found a /usr/X11R6/bin/xftcache which to my understanding, is used for
> freetype fonts.  That ran without incident.

Not what you want. You need to set your environment up in the same way you
would if you were running your GARNOME-installed GNOME.

> Jeff Waugh mentioned an archive, where can I find that?

Linked from the GARNOME webpage,

  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/garnome-list/

     GDK (acronym): GNU's Not Unix Image Manipulation Program Tool-Kit
                                Drawing-Kit.