Re: New hacking release with pre-2.1.3 tarballs

I've now successfully compiled hacking 0.19.1. When starting up I get this message :

Please contact your system administrator to resolve the following problem:
Could not resolve the address "xml:readonly:/gconf.xml.mandatory" in the
configuration file "/usr/test/garnome/etc/gconf/2/path": Couldn't resolve
address for configuration source:
Can't read from or write to the XML root directory in the address
`xml:readonly:/gconf.xml.mandatory'

But I've missing the hint how to solve the issue.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Stef

Jeff Waugh wrote:

<quote who="Stef van der Made">

The openjade & libxslt package was needed for gtk-doc.0.10

Right, I can add libxslt to gtk-doc's depends. I forgot about 0.10's hard
requirement for jade/openjade... People will just have to install it, or I
can see if removing gtk-doc from the desktop build is doable (we disable
it in the modules anyway).

The freetype was needed on my machine as garnome woulden't start without
it, you will need freetype on any box but garnome didn't wan't to startup
with an older 2 version of freetype present.

GARNOME includes and builds freetype. Have you set your paths correctly.

==> Running xmkmf in work/fcpackage.2_1/Xrender
imake -DProjectRoot=/usr/test/garnome -DUseInstalled -I/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config [configure] complete for Xrender.
==> Running make in work/fcpackage.2_1/Xrender
/bin/sh: gccmakedep: command not found

No idea, haven't seen it in Xrender, perhaps look through Xrender a bit and
see how the shell is stuffing up.

Thanks,