Re: Themes, applications, etc?

On Mon, 2002-08-19 at 05:07, Sandeep Khanna wrote:

> What do you mean by "meta garballs" and "individual garballs" ? I just
> installed totem by going in the source tree garnome/gnome/totem and did
> a make install. Is this what you mean by individual garball?

Right, this is an individual garball. A meta garball are those in
garnome-0.13.1/meta. If you 'cd garnome-0.13.1/meta/gnome-desktop' and
'make install', it will build the whole desktop. Same for gnome-office
etc.

> Also, I see that we can download, compile and install the respective
> application by going into it's directory and doing a "make install" but,
> How do I uninstall an application? I tried doing a make install in it's
> source directory from where I had done a "make install", But, It did not
> work

To uninstall individual packages, 'cd garnome-0.13.1/gnome/<package to
uninstall>/work/*' and 'make uninstall'.