Re: [gamin] Gamin problems with smb share

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 01:09:47PM -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 12:08:52PM -0500, Rashkae wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 10:58:55AM -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> > However, if I start gam_server, I get this:
> >
> > Updating list of mounted filesystems
> > added /media/*,1 to excludes
> > added /mnt/*,1 to excludes
> > added /dev/*,1 to excludes
> > added /proc/*,1 to excludes
> > g_n_n: node for / using kernel with poll timeout of 0
> > dnotify initialized
> > Using dnotify as backend
> > Ready listening to socket /tmp/fam-rashkae-test : 5
> > gam_poll_scan_callback(): 0 missing, 0 busy
> > No more active connections
> > gam_poll_scan_callback(): 0 missing, 0 busy
> >

> > Should my commands from .gaminrc be included in this output with the other 'added's?
>
>   Yes, so there is something going on. Best is to use a debugger on gam_server,
> and see what's happening where the options should be parsed.

Unfortunately, this is not the case.  The only change I can make to ganimrc that
alters the output is if I add something like:

poll /usr*

In which case, /usr will be listed as excluded before the "Updated list of
mounted filesystems" line.

I can change the seconds between polling in the fsset line, by either leaving it
out entirely or specifying a number of seconds.  The only difference in adding
seconds is that gam_server will not begin endless activity until the number of
seconds specified expired.

In any case, I've resolved my issues by using notify to make gamin use kernel
notification on my samba share.  (It was mounted in the /mnt tree, so was being
defaulted to poll)