[gamin] nfs troubles

Hi,

I am an admin for a network of 100+ machines which have nfs automounted
/home.

We have recently been working to identify bottlenecks in our nfs server,
and it was discovered that our nfs server was sustaining a rate of
10,000 ACCESS operations per second, and almost 4,000 GETATTR
operations.

We recently upgraded to gamin 0.1.6 to make use of mandatory_gaminrc
(we used "fsset nfs none").

However, some of our hosts are still flooding the nfs server with ACCESS
and GETATTR's, at rates of over 400 ops per second for the worst
offenders.  Running 'pkill gam_server' in a while loop drops that number
to less than 10 per second, so it's pretty clear gam_server is the
culprit.

Is there something else I need to do to prevent gam_server from watching
nfs mounted files?

Thanks,
Jason Pepas