[gamin] gamin abstract socket bind() probem

hey,

I am trying to debug a problem with gamin. If gamin is started
by gnome-session. The first attempt at starting the gamin server fails.

inotify initialized
Failed to bind to socket /tmp/fam-ttb-
fd == -1
gam_server_init: socket == NULL

[gamin quits, and is restarted]

inotify initialized
Ready listening to socket /tmp/fam-ttb- : 22
No more active connections
gam_incoming_conn_read called
accepted incoming connection: 28

Those are the relevant lines from the debug output. I am kind of
stumped at this point. Why would the first try of binding the socket
fail and second succeed?

Also, if I start gam_server by hand, then run gnome-session it doesn't
have a problem. I am thinking there may be a race.

Any help would be appreciated.

John