Re: spanish approach for aisle-riot

El lun, 26-09-2005 a las 12:32 +1200, Callum McKenzie escribió:
> On Sun, 2005-09-25 at 17:55 +0200, Francisco Yuste Garcia wrote:
> > Hello, I am _andandare_ and this is my first mail in this list.
> >
> > I was wondering if there is a spanish approach for card games in
> > aisle-riot architecture.
> >
> > I would like include my final thesis development in this gnome project.
> > Should I follow some guidelines in order to do this when i finish?
> >
> > But scheme code, is there any other documentation about aisle-riot
> > architecture?
> >
> > Although i design my own artwork and documentation is absolutely
> > essential, manuals and spanish card sets would be appreciated.
>
> I'm not entirely sure what you mean by a "Spanish approach", but I can
> give you some hints that hopefully will be helpful:

What Richard explained. Thanks Richard.

> See:
> http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnome-games/contributing.html
>
> It has a lot of answers.

I'll read it.

> Whether or not your work is included depends a lot on what it is. If,
> for example, you are providing a Spanish translation of the
> documentation then we would definitely take it. New games would also be
> seriously considered (but make sure they are new).
>
> The architecture is largely undocumented, but there are some decent
> pieces of example code. The file template.scm in the rules directory of
> the source code is the the minimal amount of code needed to create a
> game (it isn't a game itself). The file klondike.scm contains the rules
> for the default games, and it is also the best tested. seahaven.scm is
> also fairly good to look at. The file sol.scm (in the main source
> directory) contains most of the utility functions and cscmi.c contains
> the interface between the C code and the scheme code.

I focused on cover.scm, because it seemed to be the shortest.

> Basically each scheme file is run after sol.scm (in a clean environment)
> and then execution proceeds to the event loop. The set-lambda call at
> the end of the game file registers all the call-backs. Most are
> self-explanatory (e.g. new-game is called to start a new game).

Sure. But I thought that any function with parameters should be declared
at set-lambda, shouldn't it?.

> A slot describes a place where you can put cards. They are indexed
> starting at 0 and typically laid out from left to right and top to
> bottom. An extended slot is one where each card is shifted slightly to
> make the one underneath visible, like the tableau in Klondike. The other
> data structures, like the card-lists are self explanatory.
>
> The hint functions return a value depending on the information returned.
> The code in question is spread between cscmi.c and dialog.c
> (specifically show_hint_dialog () in the later). Some games - like
> Klondike - only have partial hint support. Those games with full hint
> support - i.e. they can find any valid move - also use the hint function
> to determine if the game is lost. No valid moves = game over.
>
> The format for the card graphics is basically undocumented, but they are
> just big images with all the cards in a grid. Look at the files
> bonded.png and paris.svg for examples.

I am finishing the artwork. SVG version is 22MB. I use a PNG version
instead.

> For creating Spanish documentation you need to create a new directory
> under the help subdirectory. You should then copy the structure of one
> of the other documentation directories. In particular you need to rename
> aisleriot-C.omf to aisleriot-es.omf and edit it appropriately.

> Feel free to ask more  questions.

Thank you very much, Callum.
You are very kind.

	Fran.

PD: Sorry. I forgot setting the list as receiver.
--
Linux Registered User #297006, a.k.a. "andandare" [at] jabberes.org
Smartly using GNU/Linux Debian since 2000