Re: Gataxx

On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 04:52:29PM +0100, Sjoerd wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My improved version of gataxx is almost done. It seperates the GUI from
> the rest of the program and has 5 difficulty levels, where the most
> difficult one is really difficult. I made a widget named GtkGridBoard
> for the GUI part, which should go in libgames-support. I am currently
> working on the last bugs.
>
> This is almost a total rewrite of gataxx, so I was wondering what the
> about box should say about copyright, what I should put in the ChangeLog
> and what I should do when I am finished. Do I just mail the code to
> Callum and then it comes in the next gnome-games?
>
> Furthermore, I noticed GtkBoard. Is this going to be in gnome-games someday?

Hi,

I'm the main gtkboard developer. It started as a purely gtk program,
but in the latest version I have enabled optional gnome support. I
would like to make it a gnome program, and would love to have it
included in gnome-games. Currently its focused at developers, but if
y'all think it would be a nice addition to gnome then I'll be glad to
concentrate on the front-end and usability issues, like redoing the UI
in glade, using gconf, better documentation and internationaliztion etc.

Gtkboard is like aisleriot for board games. Currently there are 31 games.
http://gtkboard.sourceforge.net/

Cheers,
Arvind
--