Re: Code Of Conduct

    So I would definitely agree that given an idea of contributing (code),
    women will easily ask who will pay for it where men might not. Maybe
    they consider open source more as "working" than as a hobby or a way
    social networking or even as a way to educate oneself.

Perhaps this is a consequence of presenting GNOME as an "open source"
activity.  That term excludes the idealism of free software, and
invites people to look at the matter in purely practical terms --
which is what these women then do.

Perhaps they would understand better why it's worth spending time
unpaid on our campaign if you tell them that this is the Free Software
Movement, and that the goal of our campaign is freedom for us and for
everyone.

See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.html for
more explanation of the difference between the two philosophies.