Re: GNOME Event Box for North America

Hi,

I think the situation is different in Europe than in Latin-America.
I do not think that is feasible to do it at least in South America
(I would like to be wrong, anyway).

I strongly agree. :-)

In South America the distances are very different than in Europe
and our custom offices are not as friendly with us as I supossed
they are between europeans (because of the CE).

Yes, this is true. Although I like the idea of having a Latin America
Event Box, I don't think it's feasible. IMHO, we should look for two
simpler/cheaper event boxes for each country (Chile and Brazil). We'd
need to define what "simpler" means here. We from Brazil are very
interested in having a marketing kit for several (small|medium|large)
brazilian free software conferences. :-) At FISL (for example), we
didn't have any marketing material in our GNOME mini-booth. :-/

If we are really interested in the Event Box, the less we must
to do is to figure out the cost of each item, prepare a proposal
and ask the board if this is feasible. At least to be serious.

Agreed. I can help on this.

My 1/29 cents. :-)

--lucasr