Re: Boilerplate copyright agreement for commercial exploitation

On 5/15/06, Dave Neary <dneary free fr> wrote:
Selon Alan Cox <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk>:

> On Sul, 2006-05-14 at 19:52 +0200, Dave Neary wrote:
> > Since lawyers talk .doc, and use revision control to track changes to the
> > documents, that's what we ge too.
>
> Disappointing. I hope the foundation will reconsider that decision and
> post its documents in open formats as well.

I can certainly post a copy in ODT later in the week which gets converted into
.doc every time we need to go to the lawyers... I won't always have the time to
do it promptly, though.

I will note that there are several high-quality free software programmes that
can read and write the bits of the .doc format which are important for lawyers.

That doesn't make them open formats.

Luis (agreeing with Alan in general, sorry, Dave)