Re: Substituting "Linux" with "GNU/Linux" or "GNU"

Olav Vitters wrote:

> FWIW, I did see 2 requests to rename 'Linux' on bugzilla.gnome.org
> to GNU/Linux. My official position is 'people use that field?!?'
> (except crazy GIMP developers; which is the only reason you can
> still see the field). If that needs changing, do it upstream. I do
> not care what it is called as long as I do not have to patch
> Bugzilla for it (and repeat that for every upgrade).

One of these 2 requests certainly came from me.  I didn't know that
Bugzilla (as software package) is configured so.  But I guess it is
very easy to change it.  As you are one of the most skilled Bugzilla
gurus, please make the change and submit the patch upstream.

It is very frustrating that Mozilla uses "Linux version" for their
software.  But I'd like to see GNOME -- GNU's official desktop, doing
the right thing, before we move to them.

--
In the GNU Project, discrimination against proprietary software is not
just a policy -- it's the principle and the purpose.  Proprietary