Re: Substituting "Linux" with "GNU/Linux" or "GNU"

Ar Gwe, 2006-08-04 am 23:19 +0300, ysgrifennodd Yavor Doganov:
> This issue was first brought at GTP; I was substituting "Linux" with
> "GNU/Linux" in my translations and our team leader asked for a general
> solution on the -i18n list.  Christian Rose, one of the GTP

For the benefit of that meeting I'd like to note to the board that Linux
is the name of the operating system kernel and is a trademark. If you
wish to use the term GNU/Linux then you should seek the permission of
the Linux trademark holder.

Alan