Re: Code of Conduct final draft?

Hey all,

The foundation could certainly impose a code of conduct on its members;
an elegant requirement might also be "an hour a month dedicated to
helping newcomers".

However, the foundation has *nothing* to require of the general GNOME
participant. Its role was originally to provide commercial entities with
a point of contact. It has taken over a role in helping GUADEC and the
SUMMIT. It is not a steering committee nor a politburo.

Murray,
If you want the broader community to adopt the code, then do the work to
interact with the community not the foundation. Start a pledge list or
something: "cool gnomers do ethics". I suspect that would be where you
will get people to buy in. I'll listen to you much before the
foundation.

That's my piece, best of luck in the matter,
adrian