Re: Minutes of the Board meeting 2005 Aug 31

El mié, 14-09-2005 a las 13:57 -0400, Daniel Veillard escribió:
> Agenda:
> =======
>
>  * Region events (e.g. Brazilian Forum - Tim has been talking to
>    the organizers there, about a second one)
>    GUADEC is the main event but not everybody can go so we should encourage
>    local events, and how we can help
>
>     * How can we get GNOME hackers involved, get them there
>
>     * How can we empower people locally to "represent GNOME"
>
>    In general helping the user group developp is the main mechanism to create
>    such events. Promoting the work of existing user's group is probably one of
>    the most effective way.
>    The list at http://live.gnome.org/UserGroups show a number of local groups.
>    getting report published in the quaterly news letter.

This is a very important topic, since we were asking how membership can
offer more things to developers?, how can we get more developers and
users for GNOME?, and of course answers change from country to country,
and there are some big events for GNOME like GUADEC, Forum GNOME and the
Summit, also there are GNOME meetings in Chile and Spain. On the other
hand as member of GNOME Foundation we're always invited to Conferences
and Talks, would be good to have some special merchandising to share, at
least people are always asking for that kind of stuff. At the last,
there should be a way to be a "certified" (or other way to be) speaker
for GNOME, not only for talks but to be representative in other places
like goverment or companies, as we say before, in some countrys you need
credentials to be accepted.
At least here in GNOME Chile has a lot of activities and we're happy to
keep that way.

cheers

--
Fernando San Martín Woerner