Re: Some perspective on the relative importannce of the board.

Yeah, and the board is supposed to be able to make sweeping policy
decisions, though the notion that the board doesn't get involved in any
technical policy making has sometimes undermined this ability of the
board.

Anyway, what's important is what the board does *not* do, which is work.
The board is a decision-making and hopefully money-raising body, not a
group of people to whom work can be effectively delegated.

Nat