Re: Reducing the board size

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 13:49 +1300, Glynn Foster wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 00:43 +0200, Jeff Waugh wrote:
[...]
> > Consensus and execution become crippling problems because no director has a
> > responsibility to the organisation to push it forward (by either dropping an
> > issue for that term or executing it).
>
> I'm not convinced you can do this with 11 people though - it's too big a
> number to create synergy between the team, as you mention in a previous
> mail about the usual numbers for these types of groups.

For what it's worth, the W3C Working Group that produced XML had
exactly 11 people on it.  Three of these were designated as editors,
one was a chair, but there were eleven.

I've worked with larger groups that get things done, too.

My feelings aren't all that strong on this matter, but it
seems to me that there's some pretty odd logic going on.

Liam

Liam on the Web: http://www.holoweb.net/~liam/