Re: Petition for referendum

On อา., 2005-10-09 at 22:52 +0100, Bill Haneman wrote:
> The way this is currently worded makes it sound as though signing
> indicates a desire to reduce the Board size.  I don't think that was
> what you intended, but it's kept me from signing.
>
> Bill

The wording of David's original call seemed clear enough to me:

>> If you would like this issue to be debated, and decided, by the
>> foundation membership, please add your name to the page.

I put my name down in, as I agree that such an issue should be debated
and settled if there are people that think that such a change will
really help the GNOME board make decisions! But, to be fair I'd be just
as happy if the board could make such a decision themselves without the
need for the membership to get involved and the overhead of a
referendum. Perhaps I should remove my name?

> It's been over a week since I started this petition. We're up to 25
> foundation members and 2 non-members who have signed their support.

I think David meant 'signed their support' as in 'for a referendum', not
necessarily to reduce the board size :)

--
Ross