Re: The changing of the board

On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 22:17 +0100, Anne �tergaard wrote:
> The changing of the board:
>
> I have been thinking that it might be an advantage to the Foundation if
> the next board in fact took their seats immediately after the final
> announcement of the list of candidates elected this year. An overlapping
> period I think is not really necessary as I have a feeling that there
> will be sufficient continuation/ ways to ask concrete advice if needed.

We discussed this briefly on the board phone call today.

The way that it has worked in previous years is that that the new
and old boards schedule a meeting after the first of the year, and
the new board carries on from there. (It is usually a week
or so later before everybody is back from holiday.)

If we look at the schedule for this year, challenges to the
election results close on December 23, so that is the *earliest*
possible date for the new board to take over.

Considering how little board activity is likely to happen during the
holiday week between Dec 23 and Jan 1, I think this is an entirely a
non-issue.

Regards,
					Owen