Re: Questions to the candidates

> > 1. How much time can you dedicate to the board each week?

I can spend a total of 5 hours easily.

> > 4. Explain how you expect to meet you goals.

If we manage to make the board more open, which seems to be
agreed as a most by almost all candidates, then I don't see the
baord work much different that other happenings in the project.
We set goals, discuss, find interested people, decide/delegate.
Like we are all already doing in other aspects of the project.

> > 6. Please assess GNOME:
> > 	a. What are its strengths

The healthy community, the freedom, the timely release process,
the usability/accessibility/internationalization/localization.

> > 	b. What are its weaknesses

Lack of decision-making power in the project as a whole.  Lack of
progress in areas that no individual cares enough to spend time
on.  So web pages may stay out of date for years, or the commits
list broken for months.

> > 	c. What are its opportunities

I see a lot of opportunities for GNOME on small devices, also in
educational and governmental institutaions.  They are of course
all known.  And there's also the long-term goal of taking over
the desktop market :).

> > 	d. What are its threats

Main treat I see is the software patents.

> > 7. Name the best album you purchased in the last year.

Dan Bern (Dan Bern):

  http://danbern.com/discography.html#danbern

--behdad
http://behdad.org/