Reducing Board Size Referendum - Preliminary results

The GNOME Foundation Membership & Elections Committee is pleased to
announce the preliminary results for the Reducing Board Size Referendum.

We strongly encourage everyone to look at the detailed results to verify
their vote.

These results can be challenged by sending an e-mail to
elections gnome org  The challenges have to be sent before Sunday,
November 13, 2005, 23:59 UTC. Please note that these results should not
be considered final until any such challenges have been resolved.

The question was: "Should the board size be reduced from its current 11
directors to 7 directors?"

The results are:
        yes (117 votes)
        no (70 votes)

        blank votes: 1

If the results are not challenged, then there will be 7 slots to be
filled instead of 11 in the next elections.

Some figures about the votes: there were 354 registered voters. 188
of them voted.

The results can be found at
http://foundation.gnome.org/vote/results.php?election_id=1

Detailed results can be found at
http://foundation.gnome.org/vote/votes.php?election_id=1

If you need to get all the votes in a specific format to verify the
results, please contact us and we'll do our best to do it.

The Committee would like to thank all the voters.

The GNOME Foundation Membership & Elections Committee