Re: About candidate's affiliation

On 04/11/05 09:01, Dave Neary wrote:

> Hi Quim,
>
> My opinion is that
>  - Affiliation primarily indicates some implication in and
> co-operation with free software of the employer. Mine has 0 interest
> in free software, and as such, I do not feel the need to identify them
> for the election.
>  - Affiliation is only relevant to the board in the situation where
> there is a risk of having several candidates from your organisation.
> In this context, since I will be the only candidate for the board who
> is an employee of my current employer, I don't see any conflict.

Does it actually hurt to list your affiliation?

Foundation board members are expected to act as individuals rather than
as representatives of their employers, so the fact that your employer is
not directly related to free software isn't that important.

Listing your affiliation allows others to independently verify that the
election results.

James.