Membership drive

Hi,

I don't know who the best people to talk to about this are, but it would be great to have a membership drive for the foundation in September or October.

Membership of the foundation has been stagnant, and I know that lots of people who are elligible have never asked to join (GIMP developers come to mind). What can be done (and by whom) to make membership more attractive?

Can we move away from the "can I be in your club" model to the "come join us" model, where existing members can invite people to join, rather than the person needing to ask?

Why is it that people who identify as GNOME contributors aren't in the foundation?

Cheers,
Dave.

--
David Neary