Re: Compatibtibility / Certification

Andrew Sobala wrote:

On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 10:34 +0100, McNutt Duncan wrote:
Hi all,

Is there any sort of systematic co-working on marketing or technical
specs with other groups such as UserLinux or Debian?

I was following a "UserLinux compatibility sticker" discussion on the
UserLinux forum (which is of course Gnome based).  It would seem to me
that cross-group cooperation on such issues would increase marketing
impact and insure homogeneous technical specs

The Place where free software desktop software agree on technical specs
is freedesktop.org. I don't know how relevant this is to distributions.

The Free Standards Group, which administers the Linux Standards Base specs, is getting into the desktop space too. I believe there are several gnome-affiliated folks on various workgroups - at least, there are several GNOME folks (myself included) on the Accessibility Workgroup.

- Bill