Re: Copyright assignment for live.gnome.org

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005, Ryan McDougall wrote:

> Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 17:44:47 +0900
> From: Ryan McDougall <NQG24419 nifty com>
> To: foundation-list gnome org
> Subject: Copyright assignment for live.gnome.org
>
> Hi,
>  I put of a small tutorial on l.g.o, and it occured to me that I could
> not find any policy on the wiki itself wrt copyrights. It seems a bit
> odd to put up content on a wiki with a copyright statement (since the
> purpose is to let anyone improve it), but I would like to make sure I
> get a little credit for my work, and it not enter public domain
> unprotected.
>
> Wikipedia seems to require copyright assignment under the GFDL.

Does Debian still have complaints about the GFDL not being free enough?

I'd personally encourage people to use a less restrictive license but a
clear policy would certainly be helpful.

On the basis that live.gnome.org is to replace developer.gnome.org I would
assume the same licensing applies (what ever it was).

- Alan H.